SAFETY FIRST-We're taking extra measures to ensure your children are safe in our program. Learn More
Our unique blend of Project-Based, Montessori, Play Based and Nature Based learning — Playing to Learn/Learning to Play
High quality early childhood programs teach children to think creatively so they may succeed in a complex and ever-changing world. Purposeful play is developmentally appropriate and a significant element of any early childhood program. The following emphasizes the importance of play in a child’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical development.
Play is a way of learning for children. During a typical preschool day there will be structured and unstructured periods, enabling children to learn through at their own rate. Values that support learning through play include:
• Children are viewed as thinkers, reflecting about their world
• Purposeful play is when children learn through the process of their efforts
• Children gain knowledge by building on a path of ever increasing knowledge
• Children are encouraged to make choices and practice individual decision-making
Learning environments support purposeful play by: • Blocks of various sizes and materials
• Materials and time for dramatic, imaginative play • Manipulative and table toys
• Art materials and tools to explore
• Sensory play materials, including sand and water
• A library area
• Music and movement activities
• Cooking experiences
•Field trip, outdoor and gross motor play
• A quiet area for the child who wants to be alone
• Ample and rich language and print
• Writing tools and materials
Our preschool curriculum provides developmentally-appropriate learning opportunities to encourage your child to be confident, successful, life-long learners. The early years are critical to your child’s positive growth and development and they are eager to learn new skills, experience challenging opportunities, and be encouraged for their strengths and talents.
We ensure every child is receiving the creative learning experiences they require and that they are developing physically, intellectually, and socially. Our activities, games, and curriculum are all formulated to engage and your child’s natural curiosity and provide a foundation for lifelong success. Preparing your child to succeed in school and in life is the core of our preschool curriculum.
Our Developmental Approach
In our classrooms, we include daily instruction and activities targeted toward these essential developmental areas:
Gross & Fine Motor Skills
Language & Literacy
Our Curriculum Aligned to early learning guidelines in California and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework, our program is meeting all requirements while focusing on the needs of individual children.
New Journey Mandarin Immersion Preschool and Childcare is a high quality 100% Chinese (Mandarin) Immersion program for children age 12 months to 6 years old. We are a preschool program that provides a safe, fun, educational, and stimulating environment for all children.